Thoughts on Zechariah and Revelation
I was just reading back through my excerpts on Zechariah and much of it reminded me of Revelation. I was just thinking about how things read are a signal to the subconscious, and the subconscious, at a minimum, informs (perhaps tunes) dreams and presumably visions. Certainly it would seem reasonable to assume that the author of Revelation read Zechariah, and that this reading would have informed Revelation. While skeptics might claim this as an argument against Revelation's authenticity, I am now wondering if it is a precise example of what I once indicated regarding the individual elements of God's Word acting as "Legos." It could be that Revelation is both the author's Lego structure and something like the "majority report" for what will happen at the end of this age.
Continuing with this logical structure, it could be that my insistence on understanding the inner workings of the Bible and applying them as literally and imaginatively as possible, and my resulting posts from those and many other angles here, are like a "minority report" (quite the minority in this case, given the present obscurity of this blog lol. Ultimately though it is Jesus who has final say anyway, and I imagine Jesus has been searching this whole time for what I recently called "The Phoenix Rose"). It would make sense that every report, every vision for how the end might go, popular or otherwise, is tested rigorously in those who hold it in mind. I imagine that this test first focuses on structural integrity, but when that is found sufficient the structure is then tested for mercy as well, and finally for love.
While it seems important that the warning sign of Revelation was the one officially posted, in reading Zechariah again, which it does not feel far fetched to call Revelation's primary inspiration, I kept getting this sense that a signal was tuning tangibly. It felt like familiar tests were being repeated within me, but that no major challenges were being presented in the process as I have felt at such junctures before (perhaps instead explaining this sense of deja vu I have been getting all evening- subconscious changes made with hardly a tremor each), and instead the alignment between vision and reality was simply occurring. Essentially it feels like the pieces may finally be in place, and the crescendo is imminently upon us 3 (perhaps 2 depending on one's present point of view) days from my birthday. This is very exciting and now has me both immensely excited for my next dream, and also feeling incapable of sleeping. So it goes, but I have all night.
6/8/22 Update
I just reread through the second half of Ezekiel and there are many parallels there as well to Revelation, which I feel further emphasizes my point that the prophecies are like Legos and, while they can be arranged in many ways by each reading them, when arranged in certain structures they resonate more closely with The Lord, and may result in a dream, a vision, or perhaps something more. This also reminds me of my "Guess Who" analogy, which I'm not sure I've written of yet here, but essentially it is where God has an image in mind for the end of this timeline, and if the one across the table (we are each across the table) can ask enough questions and narrow in on this image and eventually ask "is this your image?" and have it be accurate, then that image will be real, by agreement, and this age will have ended in that way. This still feels to me like combining "technically correct" with mercy and a heart for God, so it is much the same as before, but I thought the added analogy helps in terms of picturing the process.
Comments
Post a Comment