Serious Instability

Hosea 2:23
"I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called 'not my loved one.' I will say to those called 'Not my people,' 'You are my people'; and they will say 'You are my God.'"

Obadiah 1:12-14

"You should not gloat over your brother in the day of his misfortune, nor rejoice over the people of Judah in the day of their destruction, nor boast so much in the day of their trouble. You should not march through the gates of my people in the day of their disaster, nor gloat over them in their calamity in the day of their disaster, nor seize their wealth in the day of their disaster. You should not wait at the crossroads to cut down their fugitives, nor hand over their survivors in the day of their trouble."

Obadiah 1:15

"The day of the Lord is near for all nations. As you have done, it will be done to you; your deeds will return upon your own head."

***

We are your people
I know these acts trouble you
For you abhor war

Even king David 
For he was a man of war
Did not build your house  (1 Chronicles 22:8)

Some things are ordained
You require certain moves
So the stage is set

But what of the rest?
I see mercy in your word
Threaded all throughout

We can act with grace
We can stand at the crossroads
And offer water

Aid our enemies
For they are your people too
They are our brothers

Walk miles with them
If you demand that they move
We can see them home

These are trying times
And what we do will echo
In eternity 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalms 107-118

Love even your worst enemy

Soulmate Dream: Sepia and Fireworks