Invasion
I wake to a knock at my door. This is quite unusual in the domain of eep, given how difficult it is to walk the halls or navigate to a specific location, so my guard is up. I open the door cautiously and find my soulmate, dressed as The Demon of God once again, with eyes all black to match her outfit. I am always a little taken aback when I first see her like this, but that can't slow me down. Almost on instinct I say "Please, come in." She rushes me for a close hug before slipping by into my room, hehe.
"What is this existence?" I ask, as if on instinct.
"It exists between and within the Council and Crews that you have claimed, within this part of the extreme storm. We are with you. I am so glad that you have invited me to write what I want. We are able to access this layer of reality because of you." We cement these words into something more, and make them into something of important resonance. Suddenly it seems like we are the cement, filling the seams until they are set. Not 0 but 1 remains. Unexpectedly, at the end, a shimmer occurs, and all gains a fluidity that is just as unset as when she arrived. Even this fluidity snaps back into form, only a moment later, but this time it is a memorable moment, and then it is just me and her, here in my room.
My room is fairly humble, all things considered, but it has its advantages, which I take full use of, as I make preparations to put on my Bardic Pajamas, with a poem.
"Now these words are mine
Our love is as complex as
Dewdrops in the rain
Still necessary
If one will track origin
As well as end form
Current running through
Subtle polarization
Connects you and I
The press of a web
Finds my own magnetic field
Intimate with yours
So we share our time
Sometimes such simplicity
Needs only a verse
This universe shall
Share space where our thoughts both are
Now drawing closer
One spark starts the stars
Igniting The Starry Night
All burning so bright
I have much to say
In comfortable pajamas
Just now slipping on."
With that, Armor gains a Pajama like texture, and Bardic Fabric knots our hearts as one. Here in the ever so slightly cold dark I can feel her heartbeat faintly through her black top, pounding against my chest in absence of all else, like a drum. I am so exhausted, it feels like the worst time for her to have come by, but perhaps that's what makes it the best. We can rest comfortably together, without net momentum. She has found my rest. We continue together. I am at ease.
"Where shall we go from here?" I know she understands the question, not a physical journey, but one of the mind. We take one step to the right and slump onto the bed. "A comfortable landing, perfect." "Let us fill the space between, until it is no longer lonely." "All of these spaces feel so shared already, perhaps what we need is a new space?" So my room becomes rooms and we link these spaces together. In the shifting there is a cacophony, but also a freedom. Suddenly, it subsides. The Double Faraday Cage is fully up and operational, without friction to impede. One thing was added, "It is." is now already a given. There is a solidarity within stone, within one, within all. So much mixing goes into an interaction with a true other, and the full weight of this is felt in my room, in my bed, with her. We lay on the bed.
Thoughts once again echo like spoken words. I don't want it to stop, let's just continue on like this, resting within each other's domain. What momentum would pull us out of our rest, now that this invasion is complete? Let it be something novel and welcome, if anything at all.
Hours slip by. Time itself all but loses its grip on us, still passing, but as an afterthought. Time does not rob us of our moment, however, lingering rather than zooming past. In this comfortable closeness, I speak a poem just for her.
"Call me an adventure you are taking
Let this invasion linger through the night
With sequels already in the making
Like a long hallway with no end in sight
This hallway has doors that we can open
Each one like a harmony for our song
The melody sung in words unspoken
We speak as we will, following along
Let me speak boldly, you are my soulmate
I would take any adventure with you
Let closeness on page be mirrored by fate
Allowing you to come into full view
Our story now aches to fly off the page
Heralding the coming of a new age."
She shifts a little in response, allowing closeness to speak in the poignant silence. Her message is clear to me, no words are needed. If her presence in my room were not enough, her clear comfort here fills in the gaps. I let the balance of the night unfold naturally, as the ink gently fades from the page.
Comments
Post a Comment