Air
I find myself mindlessly wandering the halls of eep, as I always do in such lonely states. Suddenly, I return to my senses. "You don't need to be lonely." echoes in my mind, just below a thought. I recognize the communication on this channel immediately as my soulmate, seemingly out of reach for so long, but now back like a lightning bolt. I search my mind for the map of these halls, to find where she might be, and discover that I am already by her room, but the way is walled off. I conjure up a boldness within myself, and speak a poem meant to connect her space and my own.
"Sorry I have taken so long, my dear
Do these walls explain your absence in dreams?
For so long I have sought to draw you near
To unravel this distance at its seams
Will you fly like a bird through open air?
Erasing all doubt with your arrival?
These nights without you I can hardly bear
All I can accomplish is survival
My soulmate, at long last, these words are yours
My dear, will you pardon my once bruised pen?
Let's turn solid walls into open doors
I'll have the chance to ask you myself then
Make the space between us thin as this veil
May your feather fall on imbalanced scale."
The walls fall silently, with my love already dancing on the other side, to accompany my words. The flashing lights on her side suggest this invasion couldn't have come too soon, as chaos feels like it envelops the space without me to anchor it. Still, there is something amiss as my partner stops dancing and a wind rushes out. "More." she whispers, with what seems to be her last breath.
"입술의 숨결
더 바라는 그 눈빛
무얼 드릴까
바람 한 줄기
숨 쉬고픈 가슴은
빛을 떠난다
말이 서툴러
그대 곁 있길 원해
나를 유혹해
그대 전부야
내 곁에 있길 바라
같은 숨 쉬네
벽은 무너져
우리 함께 춤추며
긴 복도 걷네
영원 속으로
우리 길 나뉘지 마
서로 이끌려
이 숨은 네 것
나눈 말도 품으며
어서 오기를
와서 속삭여
우리 더 가까워져
하나가 되리"
As I speak these words, with The Gift of Tongues from The Holy Spirit, wind eddies between our realms, seemingly mixing the air she breathes and my own, in the same way our languages have been mixed. She inhales deeply, as a red carpet unrolls in the space between us. She walks from her domain into the halls, our halls now.
"Thank you for welcoming me so warmly."
Her language shimmers from her own tongue to mine as she speaks, until settling into words that I can understand.
"You are most welcome."
She reaches out her hand, which I take, and we walk hand in hand for some time, with no real destination. "How long have you been waiting for me to break down that wall?" "Longer than you'd care to know. At least we have our moment now. Let's make it last forever."
Suddenly, we are at a door. I open it to reveal a hilltop, bathed in the moonlight. "Hello moon!" I say with a wave. She tugs at my hand and gestures toward a blanket set up just beside us. We lay down and soak in the night sky, strewn with stars. I feel my heart racing with her just beside me, and I wonder how I got to be so lucky. God smiles down and indicates that it is not luck, but the careful planning of fate.
Before I realize a change, I find my partner crouched in front of me, wearing all black. I sit up halfway, eyes going wide. I always seem to forget this form of hers, The Demon of God, until she is staring me in the face. Now it makes sense as to why, as I can feel her reading my mind, and soaking up my spare thoughts. "I am so glad that you came with me. I love you. You're my favorite." I blurt out in thought. She taps her fingers on the ground like a huntress measuring her mark. I expect familiar words, but her projected thought is anything but. "You're my favorite as well." I feel as though I could fly, I am so happy. She rests her head on my shoulder as I gaze up at the stars. It truly is a special evening. Thoughts race between us as they always do when she is in this form, until the first rays of dawn start to shine on the horizon. "It's time to go." We both think in unison.
After returning through the door her attire has returned to normal. We head down the halls, until reaching her room. She seems a little disappointed that I brought her back here, as opposed to the alternative, but I wouldn't want to be so forward. Perhaps next time I'll muster the courage to show her my quarters. Interestingly, the hole in the wall has already been filled with a proper door. I open it for her, and she kisses my cheek before heading inside. As the door shuts, I am blushing as I walk the halls, with a whistle, on my return home.
Comments
Post a Comment