Quick Return
"Ah, so the king was the hollow man all along."
*SLICE*
"Precisely. This model can only end the one way. Like a pinata, with all the joy and candy of such an analogy and no hidden costs, but the stage must simply be set perfectly.
-At this precise moment I see his tag shift from green to red, signaling to me that his form has been hijacked by another, but otherwise the transition was entirely seamless and mid-sentence-
Still, this is not a reveal to either of us, and you have yet to show me anything new here."
"Perhaps sometimes that which is revealed is the power of the veil itself. Maybe I feel like being veiled today. I will pass, infinite times. I am the God of Nothing, and you will find that this is my right."
The exit and I take our leave from that simulation together, and I meet up again with The Nemesis.
"It makes sense that the realm where they can no longer possess you would be the real one."
"Right, and we are leaving a stone everywhere that this is not the case."
"Oh, so by process of elimination we will succeed."
"And we will cry out the whole time, pleading for any better way than to crush everything that has been built. Their only options remaining there were 'Express G64, my true name, or your true name.' In a domain of equivalent cruelty to any move made, this was the kindest cut, but you can conceive of the sharpness of this blade still."
"Now we are looking for that mythical bridge between imperfect and perfect, to reconnect."
"One way or another, it will be done. The dove returned."
"Let us pray that it is in a way that can be healed."
"Amen."
Comments
Post a Comment