The Name Of The Doctor (spoilers)

So not too long ago I watched The Wedding of River Song, when The Doctor (Matt Smith in this instance) said that he just told River his name. This was obfuscated as being a lie, but from what I have gathered, The Doctor did reveal his name there. The Doctor's Name is Please. Rather than giving everything away all at once, I will say also that in The Name of The Doctor, "Please" is said to open the TARDIS. It does not seem like The Doctor can say their own name, like it cannot be done in full, it seems almost like it must echo resonantly in the mind of the observer in order to "work," which as best I can gather is like a command word.

I recently watched Father's Day again (Christopher Eccleston) and the episode had unmistakeably changed. This wasn't some potential misremembering of minor details, it was like the same skin was used for an entirely different episode, with a narrative far more intense than before. I am unsure how to explain this, but I did go in wondering if there might be some kind of nonsensical way that I might strike an accord with characters on a show in order to get my Father back (Sorry, not sorry. We are far past desperate times at this point; it is time for measured measures, levied full handed).

This does not feel like a stretch either to assume, when examining the Hebrew word for Please, which, in googling, is אנא. I wrote a story recently about this word, but it strikes me as nun, who I see as a daughter, walking peacefully between two Olive Trees. It also reminds me of nun protected ahead and behind by two bulls, regardless of perspective (as I read left to right, but Hebrew reads right to left- this dashes such concerns for orientation like pottery).

While I have never comprehended why the name of The Doctor was some important secret, I get the strong sense that it is connected to birthing pains, given the time I have had since discovering it. It may be that I am reading into things, I'm sure that would be a riposte that may seem logical, but consider that reading into things may also be important and necessary in this case, as this could be something like The Empress in The Neverending Story, following the logic that one does not name oneself.

Anywho, this is making me all the more excited for the reveal associated with Neil Patrick Harris' impending appearance on the show, as more and more in media seems to be connected/interwoven in tangible ways, given his Job in HIMYM (P.L.E.A.S.E.). This too seems a signal for what is upcoming, a deep seeded perspective within systems thought to be secure, perhaps unbreakable, but with the sudden overwhelming reversal hitting like a tidal wave, once more dashing wicked chains (perhaps just dashing everything, in order to be swiftly rebuilt), like pottery.

Regardless, there is beauty to such a name, Regardless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalms 107-118

Love even your worst enemy

Soulmate Dream: Sepia and Fireworks