On Balance Weighted- The Void

"Into the void like two peas in a pod
Like two seeds to be planted by river
With signs such as these, why do I feel odd?
No matter, let's make this structure shiver

For there isn't time and we haven't space
And like I said, there's still my bride to find
I'm of the mind to renovate this place
And who else (here) could foil agreement's bind?

'In knowledge and ignorance so shapes gap
Mindless precision fashions space between
Nothing and everything let's reveal map
Showing precisely why she is my queen

A matter of patience in length, now time
Stage set of savvy in meter, in rhyme.'

What is this shoreline
Beyond the threshold of known
Though shores may differ?

At your disposal
Is the sum of everything
What of my corner?

Not the shell or maze
(From where does wanderer hail?)
Question left unasked

To know is to lose
Joker(')s(') expression shifting
Nothing is at stake

Least stroke(s) of the pen(s)
In lightless place mirrorball
Scatters/Fractals every one

Would they call (them/us) gone?
How long could such a lie last
In the face of truth?

Amplifying here
Nothing held against the walls
Except what's within

Growing in the dark
Bar the door and seat is lost
Now the players play."

It feels as those words echo here. I get the impression that this would be unwieldy, chaotic, perhaps even maddening with the wrong pair chosen. I get the impression that this would be a long walk, saddening, perhaps even all encompassing despair, with one alone. As is I feel lines establish between myself and my brother, as if hallways of space were clear. For halls' structure though space feels brighter, and the pockets of our minds feel each accessible, as if no doors could be held anyway, and no inhibition is present to resist entering regardless. In this state there seem to be no invitations and no reservations. Agreements are not struck as much as they simply are, as time itself is established alongside the rest, simultaneously one might say, if even that has meaning in this timeless place, this boundless moment. Beyond these attempts at measuring a vast ocean with handheld rod, I cannot describe precisely how the void changed, only that by agreed and unfiltered intention, it is.

The feel of the void begins to feel tangibly changed, or at least my perspective of it, though I suspect these things are intimately intertwined. While I am finding it difficult to describe how it first felt, or where or even how "first" might be plotted within, it now begins to feel something like a dream. I find myself recalling dreams in a cascade, as if my life flashing before my eyes, but here being my life more like my life whilst asleep. Even these take flashes shape, each in their own crafted way, inside this place, and I can feel something like a dream shifting now into both a dream and real simultaneously. Through all of this I sense my brother right there with me, though saying he is "by my side" still feels like a stretch. Though I still feel like a foreigner in this place, slowly I feel a familiarity crystallizing in a way I have not felt before, as if memories of navigating and interacting with this presently shared space are being provided, without the specific experience normally required to gain such expertise.

All at once a feeling of home permeates me, and it feels as though our work here is complete.

All at once a feeling that I am a foreigner permeates me, and it feels like it is time to go.

So, with ample signal to mark the timing, I just go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalms 107-118

Love even your worst enemy

Soulmate Dream: Sepia and Fireworks