The Arrow

At the tail a deep yellow
like the hint of daylight in the night
The first and last seen, how I see her

Then the faintest glimpse of orange
The echo of the last goodbye
And rushing back with a change of mind

Next a deep burn of red
Barely visible but echoing still in my mind
Flashing back and forth since I left

Followed by the hint of blue
Oh its sight reminds me of you
It takes everything not to rush home

Advancing to shimmering purple
You have never been invisible to me
I felt you long before my eyes took to the skies

Oh the remnant of green
From the ground these Christmas trees
Just waiting for the light to go on

A white band for the center
Like a blank space or page yet unwritten
Where I hope you will call home

The rainbow shines in the sky
Still a promise for all mankind
That this storm will break into beautiful things

Then the surface glistens
As if oil now reflects the light
Reminding me once there are colors in night

Next up the tiger stripes
Imperfectly described in this way
But one does not simply skin this beast

Untouched silver just ahead
A gentleman does not encroach so far
Simply satisfied seeing silver shine

Topped by a cacophony of gems
Like a rainbow from the earth itself
Fit to adorn all manner of crown

Finally the golden tip
Like my truest star pointing me home
The first and last seen, how I see you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalms 107-118

Love even your worst enemy

Soulmate Dream: Sepia and Fireworks